Danielle Steel

 Danielle Steel is the fourth-best-selling fiction author of all time! It is estimated 800 million copies of her work
has been sold! 

I’ve written 161 books (I’m published in 69 countries and 43 languages), which seems like a lot, even to me. I publish six books a year (7 this year), and work on several at the same time. Sometimes I work on five books at the same time. It sounds crazy, but it works for me, like an artist who has several painting in progress. It’s a juggling act, but I love it. And I try to keep the books different, so I do historicals and books with contemporary themes, books that deal with problems or tragedies and what that does to people’s lives. The books are set in industries or particular settings. I learn a lot when I write them. I also write happy or fun books. Sometimes I laugh out loud when I’m writing, or cry when I’m writing a sad part. If you laugh or cry when you’re reading them, you can bet that I did too when I wrote them. I’ve also written non-fiction, poetry and children’s books, and in the past 2 years lyrics for songs in French and English. I have a new children’s book coming out next year, about my white long hair teacup Chihuahua, called “Pretty Minnie in Paris” (It’s my 17th children’s book).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Riley Sager" His very first thriller, "FINAL GIRLS", became a national and international bestseller that's been translated into more than 25 languages.

Michael Ondaatje

Barack Obama